New distribution deal with MadFish
Rick is delighted to announce a worldwide distribution deal for The Red Planet with Madfish Music, which will see standard editions of the CD and LP, along with download and streaming versions on all major platforms, released on August 28th.
To preorder please visit rickwakemanmadfish.lnk.to/TheRedPlanet
Keyboard Legend Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble Return To Prog On New Album "The Red Planet"
Order Merchandise Now | Video Updates | FAQs
Keyboard Legend Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble has released “The Red Planet” on June 19, 2020. The album features 8 newly composed pieces, especially for this project, and harks back to Wakeman's critically acclaimed debut album “The Six Wives of Henry VIII” where there were 6 heavy keyboard pieces based around a central subject matter. It is a serious return to "Wakeman Prog"...
Rick has blown the dust off his favourite analogue keyboards and along with his with the latest keyboards, has used the same formula he devised when making his legendary albums The Six Wive's of Henry VII and Criminal Record.
Upon being asked about the expectations of his Prog Fans, that they are hoping he will have shoved the "Prog Fader" up to 11, he replied, “That could be a problem.... as it's already at 14!!!”
The first 1,000 units of vinyl come in 180-gram red double vinyl, signed and numbered, in a special “Pop-Up” album cover [SOLD OUT]. The first 2,000 units of the CD edition signed and numbered, in a special “Pop-Up” CD album cover [ONLY SIGNED EDITIONS REMAIN]. These collectors items are sure to sell out quickly, fans are advised to pre-order to avoid disappointment, or worst still having to buy copies from auction sites.
The English Rock Ensemble (ERE) features:
Rick Wakeman - Keyboards
Dave Colquhoun- Guitars
Lee Pomeroy - Bass
Ash Soan - Drums
Produced by Rick Wakeman and Erik Jordan
This is the first release on the newly formed R&D Media, which is a transatlantic partnership between music business veteran and long time Wakeman sidekick Rob Ayling and rock journalist and producer Doug Harr.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are you shipping each edition?
- Standard CD - now
- Signed CD - now
- Signed vinyl - now
- CD deluxe edition - now but without the DVD (see DVD below)
- I have received a shipping email from Music Glue, it's been 3 weeks but I still haven't received my item(s)
- Please send us a message which we will forward to the store manager.
- Is there a surround sound version?
- Is there a high-resolution version?
- Only available on the CD deluxe edition - for the time being, but this won't be shipped until after the playback event in August.
- Will you make the high res version available to download?
- Maybe in the future, subject to the fans' interest.
- How does the deluxe edition differ?
- It has the deluxe pop-up packaging like the vinyl with a full booklet and eventually the bonus DVD .
- What's on the DVD?
- The high res version of the album plus expanded versions of footage shown online, but because of COVID, the last parts of the footage will be shot at the space centre and include as many fans as possible. Production will start immediately after the event and the DVD will be sent out to all purchasers.
- Will it be on streaming platforms?
- Yes from August 28th.
- Will it be sold on Amazon?
- Will it be available in high street record stores?
- Does the deluxe edition vinyl come with a download?
- Yes - but sent out via Music Glue, so only available to those who ordered the vinyl direct. The is no code inside the vinyl itself.
- What is the format of the vinyl release?
- The vinyl is a heavyweight 180gms double disc set, mastered at half speed for the highest quality. The vinyl is played at 45rpm, not the usual 33rpm.
- Will attendees of the playback event have to wait to get their copies at the event?
- No, we are shipping as many copies to people as soon as they come into stock, or in the case of signed copies, as soon as Rick has signed them. BUT attendees of the playback event will still get a goodie bag which will be exclusive to the event.
- How is this new Madfish release different from what has already been released?
- The original release from the Emporium focused on deluxe editions for the core fanbase to ensure they got to hear it first. Madfish will be taking the release into general, worldwide distribution, including streaming platforms, but these will be standard CD and double vinyl releases, without the popup artwork and booklet.