"Return to the Centre of the Earth" Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Sets Available For Pre-order
"Return to the Centre of the Earth" is a studio album released on March 15, 1999 on EMI Classics. The album is a sequel to Wakeman's 1974 concept album "Journey to the Centre of the Earth", itself based on the same-titled science fiction novel by Jules Verne. Wakeman wrote a new story of three unnamed travelers who attempt to follow the original journey two hundred years later, including the music which features guest performances from Ozzy Osbourne, Bonnie Tyler, Tony Mitchell, Trevor Rabin, Justin Hayward, and Katrina Leskanich. The story is narrated by Patrick Stewart. Upon release, the album reached number 34 on the UK Albums Chart.
Update - Delivery is now forecast to be in January 2021.
""I am immensely proud of Return to the Centre of the Earth, as when I look back, it appears to have been almost suicidal to have recorded and released it when Prog was at such a low status, but thanks to Richard Lyttleton, the president of EMI Classics, who believed so much in the music, it was recorded to the highest standard possible and I can honestly say that without him, the music would not exist today." Rick Wakeman
Details of what is in the boxes:
"Return to the Centre of the Earth" Deluxe:
- Signed and Numbered Certificate
- "Return to the Centre of the Earth" CD
- "Return to the Centre of the Earth" - LIVE double CD from Canadian performance where the narration is in French.
- CD of Radio Edits
- DVD of
- Surround Sound mix and enhanced stereo by Simon Heyworth
- Approximately 80 minutes unseen footage filmed in the studio, at the album launch as well as featuring Rick includes Bonnie Tyler and Justin Heywood
- Reproduction Press Pack
- Reproduction Press Photo
- Reproduction ticket to the album launch
- 2 x A3 Posters
"Return to the Centre of the Earth" Super Deluxe:
Same as Deluxe plus:
- 180 gram double vinyl album